Saturday, August 25, 2012

Injuns

Back in the day the only Indians I could find were MARX re-issues and some Airfix.  We are talking unpainted here so although Britains were around they were not for me.  Actually I wasn't all the interested in the Plains War era.  I figured I had plenty of US Cavalry figures from my huge ACW armies to press into service if I ever got the bug.  Over the years I picked up some Reisler, Reamsa and Dulcop Indians that weren't all that bad.  Then CTS released their Mtd Sioux.  Great Indians but so-so ponies.  The years passed while these guys all gathered dust and then TSSD released their Plains Indian sets.  WOW.  Foot and Mounted.  Except for a pose or two of my other Indians nothing really compared to these.  None that is except the Timpo Plains Indians.  A bit smaller overall and not as highly detailed, they still to me at least made the grade and joined the ranks of my Plains War Indians.  Check them out as they appear on EBAY from time to time.  As for the Plains War....the bug has bitten me.  Forward....Ho!!!!  (Photo from ATS TOYS EBAY Auctions of Timpo Indians)

No comments: